This knowledgebase article serves as a comprehensive guide to understanding account statuses at IPXO. Whether you are a new user seeking clarity or a long-term user in need of a refresher, this resource aims to provide detailed insights into the different statuses your account can be assigned. This guide explains their significance and offers guidance on actions you can take to manage your IPXO account effectively.
There are 4 account statuses at IPXO:
Note: Please be advised you will receive an email notification each time there is a change in your account status.
Account status: Pending
How to know if your account status is ‘Pending’?
If your account status is ‘Pending’, you will encounter a disclaimer that reads, “Your company status is Pending. You cannot assign subnet on ASN until the company is verified.”
Why is your account status ‘Pending’?
Your account may be ‘Pending’ for two reasons:
- If you are a newly registered customer, your account is waiting for approval. We conduct additional checks based on the information you have provided. If necessary, we will contact you via company email to request further information before granting access to the marketplace.
- If your compliance form is expired, your account will be set to ‘Pending’ status. We require you to complete the compliance form annually. Once you've submitted the updated form, your account status will be changed back to 'Active'.
What actions can be performed if your account status is ‘Pending’?
While your account is in a ‘Pending’ status, you can still browse the IPXO portal, update your company details, complete the compliance form, and pay for service renewals or existing invoices. However, you will not be able to lease or assign IPs when your account is in a ‘Pending’ state.
Account status: Active
How to know if your account status is ‘Active’?
You see no disclaimers on your account, and you have full access to the marketplace.
Why is your account status ‘Active’?
You have successfully completed the registration process; your compliance form has been validated and you currently have no suspensions.
What actions can be performed if your account status is ‘Active’?
When your account status is ‘Active’, you have full access to all features of the IPXO portal. This includes the ability to assign and purchase new IPs, manage renewals and other service payments, as well as update your company details, among other functions.
Account status: Suspended
How to know if your account status is ‘Suspended’?
If your account status is ‘Suspended’, you will encounter the following disclaimer:
Why is your account status ‘Suspended’?
Your account may be suspended for various reasons, each of which will be detailed in the suspension disclaimer (refer to the image above for an example). Here are some common reasons for account suspension:
- Active Rogue Announcements: If you continue to announce subnets more than 48 hours after your IP lease ends, your account will be temporarily suspended. You are expected to de-announce any subnets no longer leased within this timeframe. Multiple reminders will be sent to you, and the suspension will be lifted once you cease the announcements.
- TOS (Terms of Service) / AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) violations: violations of our Terms of Service / AUP can result in either temporary or permanent suspension. To avoid such situations, familiarize yourself with these policies before using our services.
- Non-payment: Failure to pay invoices that are past their due date may lead to account suspension. If you anticipate payment difficulties, it's advisable to contact our Product Support team in advance.
- Missing Payment Method: A valid payment method is mandatory for maintaining an active IPXO account. Failure to provide one will result in account suspension. For more information, read our Knowledge Base article Payment Options at IPXO.
- Listing in Major Blocklists: If your IP gets listed in a major blocklist database (e.g., Spamhaus) during your lease term, your account will be suspended until the issue is resolved. Our Abuse Prevention team will reach out to collaborate on resolving the issue and delisting the blacklisted IPs.
Suspension may be either temporary or permanent, depending on the resolution of the underlying issue. Should you have any doubts regarding your account suspension, please consult the Abuse Prevention or Product Support team.
What actions can be performed if your account status is ‘Suspended’?
When your account status is ‘Suspended’, you still have access to the IPXO portal. You can browse the portal, update your company details, complete the compliance form, and pay for service renewals or settle existing invoices.
Please note that while your account is suspended, your currently leased IPs will not be affected; however, you won't be able to lease or assign new IPs.
Account status: Closed
How to know if your account status is ‘Closed’?
After logging in, if you are prompted to create a new company, this may indicate that your account is closed. Additionally, if you have multiple companies associated with the same account, a company with a 'Closed' status will not appear in your list of companies.
Why is your account status ‘Closed’?
Your account may be closed for one of the three reasons: at your request, because your registration was not approved, or due to violation of our Terms of Service / AUP. If you are uncertain about the reason for closure, please don’t hesitate to contact our Product Support team.
What actions can be performed if my account status is ’Closed’?
You will have to create a new company to use IPXO marketplace.